"Let's find some common ground so I can tell you my fucking life story."

11.1.09

Since when did MYspace become THIERspace?

So Im contemplating deleting my myspace account. I came online today to check my messages and such and I had a message from a seemingly "new" branch of myspace called 'myspace safety and security'. The message stated that one of my pictures I had recently uploaded to my account (into a photo album only I can see BTW) was in violation of the terms of use of myspace and they took the liberty of deleting it and all other pictures off my page that could be deemed as offensive. They went on to state that if I continued such acts they would be 'forced' to delete my page in its entirety. I am livid that they even had the audacity to do such a thing. Since when did MYspace become THIERspace? Thier excuse behind it is that users as young as 13 may glance at my page and see such an 'atrocity'. First of all, my page is private, therefore no one underage wil be viewing anything on my page in the first place. Like I stated before my picture or pictures that I had uploaded were uploaded to an album that only I could see... So how could anyone else have seen it? I am so angry right now I could just puke. Im so sick of these soccer mom groups getting involved in my life and telling me what I can say or cant.. Where I can go and what I can or cannot view. FUCK OFF. And since myspace isnt really MINE anymore Im considering telling it to FUCK OFF too. The reason I go on such sites is because they advertise themselves as being an outlet for self expression. They forget to add, however, that if your form of self expression is in thier eyes "offensive," then guess what? Youre not invited to express anymore. How kind of them to take the liberty to censor my page. OMIGOSH what the fuck would I or other viewers of my page have ever done with out thier help? Where is the line people? Where do we cross the fucking line and say ENOUGH. The worst part of the matter is, the pictures werent even of me. They didnt depict anything violent or display vulgar nudity. In fact, if you'd like to see the pics just view my previous blog "Fraternity Fun". Once youve done that, let me know if you'd be as irate as I am. Wow. In them trying to censor me though, theyve done something more offensive then any picture I posted could have ever depicted. I feel violated. I feel disgusted. I feel like I want to punch Tom in the face. I feel betrayed by myspace and all of its affiliates. I am just in utter and complete shock and I dont even know what to say anymore. And if you think your myspace is safe.. think again. Due to recent 'Gang Violence' media coverage on Myspace all of your profiles will be monitored and deleted as they 'see fit'. Feedback to this post would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment