"Let's find some common ground so I can tell you my fucking life story."

4.4.09

Toad Tap Dance

Toad Tap Dance
While doing some spring cleaning last year, I came across a tiny toad, that for sake of this post, (and the toads family...) I have cleverly changed his name to 'frog-miester'. For those readers that know me particularly well you may or may not have heard me talk about him from time to time.

Over the past year, I have repeatedly saved him from my terribly mean cat Scootahs' clutches and the massive swirly of the pool filter.

I have been feeding him cat food and ants. (I do not even know if toads eat such things, but he seemed like he liked them)

Everyday, at around the same time, frog-meister would come to visit me. There were times he hopped into my house and I would find him eating (well sitting and looking like he was eating) directly out of my cats bowl. (This toad definitley had a death wish, BTW) Over time he grew larger and larger, until he looked like a pretty big sized toad. (Must have been all the cat food) I'm not even sure of what a toads lifespan may be or whether or not this was even the same toad, but for my sanity and the purpose of this post running smoothly we will say it was. I became rather attached to this little wart ridden mongrel, it got to the point if I didnt see him by 10 o'clock, I would promptly check the pool filter to see if he was in there swirling around. (It always seemed like I'd just get there in the nick of time!) One time he actually PISSED on me after I saved him, but I figured this was just his way of saying "thank you" and HEY, we're friends...so I let it slide.

Anyway - the past few weeks my roommates and I have been doing some massive cleaning on the pool, trying to get it ready for summer.. So last night I go outside to check on the status of the filter... (I wanted to make sure it didnt need to be cleaned)(Keep in mind it was horrendously dark and I was using the dim light of my cell phone to find my way around) ..when I feel something sort of like a rock but softer underneath my foot.

My heart sank.

Knowing what might have occured, I scurried back inside trying to block the mental picture out of my brain. I didnt have the balls to go back outside and look at the evidence. I thoroughly hoped I would wake up this morning and see absolutley nothing and then this would all be a horrible trick my tired mind pulled on me.

Not the case.

This morning I wake up and this is what I found...




MAY YOU REST IN PEACE LITTLE BUDDY.

Services will be held this Sunday in my backyard. All neighborhood toads are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment