"Let's find some common ground so I can tell you my fucking life story."

11.2.11

Time Flies When Your 78.

Yeah, I know. It's been a while. So what? I been busy. You know, with life. Let me just say that as a night owl, sometimes your nights bleed into your days and RedBull doesn't help the situation. If you are wondering why I'm even talking about this, it's because this is what has happened today/yesterday. I'm cracked out on a case of RedBull and ready to write a fucking blog. They say as you get older time seems shorter. The years fly by faster, your days seem like seconds, and things just sort of blur together. This is because each year you survive is only a fraction of the years you've been on earth. [If you = 98 yrs old, that = 1/98th of your life]I am only in my 20's and I already notice this happening to me. I used to stay up all night and it felt like YEARS. I felt like I had soo much time to get so many things accomplished. Now I just feel like I blink and lose days at a time. I imagine myself 78 years old on a Monday in March, still "breaking night" and cracking open cases of RedBull, then I blink and its a Friday in July. I seriously have a legit fear this will happen to me.

It's been a while since I blogged, lot's of things have happened, and I expect lot's more things to happen in the future. For one I got kindasorta Engaged. I know what you're thinking, WHAT poor schlub would agree to this? Well, that's why I said kindasorta. We've been together for an indefinite amount of time and so it was like, National Shit or Get Off the Pot Day or something and we just figured, what the hell? Let's get this charade in the works. We haven't set a date yet, I guess I'll have to wait til pigs start flying around for that one. I'm pretty sure that will happen within my lifetime though, so I'm not worried about it. (For those of you thinking, BITCH! That's never going to happen! Please refer back to a skit on SNL where Chris Rock talks about never seeing a Black President in HIS lifetime. Hahahah. What an idiot.)

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'll have more to update later, but for now the RedBull is wearing off and I've taken a turn for the worse. My eyelids are drooping, burning. If this was a United Flight I'd have a bomber in the back waiting to take my Bird to the promise land. I'm about to go Zero to Sixty towards the bed in the next 42 seconds and hope I don't run out of gas and crash on the way there.

-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment